Friday, October 12, 2007

Being strong and courageous


I'm starting a new book today.


That means I'm staring at a blinking cursor, my toes curled over the edge of the cliff that is four months of dedicated work. So what's the first thing I do?


Yep. I go to my Bible. Each of the books in the All About Us series is based on a verse that, for me, gives the book's title, encapsulates the heroine's struggle, and shows her where her power lies. For book three, that verse is Deuteronomy 31:6 ... "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."


The book's title? Be Strong and Curvaceous.


So okay, our heroine has image issues. She also needs to learn courage. So does her author, sitting at the keyboard looking at the blank page and knowing that the Lord will come through one more time and give me some killer words to put on it.


Okay. Deep breath.


Chapter One.


Love,

Shelley

No comments: