Sunday, February 17, 2008

Knick Knack Patty Whack


We signed off on our remodel of my hobbit hole last week. Passed the last inspection after three tries. We moved to this house last summer and although the basement space was twice as big (four windows instead of two) it just wasn't my style. For one thing it was mushroom gray. Now if you are going to live below ground, why paint the walls a dull, dirty gray? I had a huge storage room, but no closet. For months my clothes were in those cardboard wardrobe boxes you get for moving. And the cabinet space in kitchenette and bathroom were nil.
I am such a happy camper now. I not only have a walk-in closet, but a walk-through closet. It joins my own little laundry room. I am the envy of every female who tours the place.
But my blog to day is about my knick knacks. They are out of boxes and on the shelvs.
What you collect really reflects who you are, doesn't it?
I was afraid you'd say yes.
I collect animals reading books. I have small statues, paintings, and prints of frogs, turtles, bunnies, dogs, cows, etc. reading books. A few are children reading books to animals, but the main focus is anthromorphized animals enjoying literature.
What does that say about me?
I'm afraid to ask.
What do you collect? What covers your walls and shelves? My mom collected elephants and roadrunners. Odd combination, right?
I collecting things as an odd expression of worshipping God. I see it as natural. Books and animals touch me someplace deep where I don't often go to analyze, but just to enjoy. There's a parallel there.
God created me and my interests. When I enjoy His creation, I enjoy Him.

No comments: