Sunday, July 24, 2011

Confessions from a Newbie

Hello out there in blog-land!


I'm SO excited to be a new contributor to GIRLS, GOD AND THE GOOD LIFE - because seriously, isn't that what it's all about? Loving God, loving our sisters in Christ, and loving life? It's an honor to be here, truly.

Here's a few random facts (or maybe confessions) about myself:


1. I'm totally addicted to Nerds, preferably cherry flavored. (and I know...you are what you eat...)


2. If it's polka-dotted, I probably have it.


3. I'm the girl you'll see ordering a milkshake and cheeseburger...with a Diet Coke.

4. I'm a neat-freak, usually to a fault.


5. I'd do anything for a cupcake.


6. My middle name is Ann, but it probably should be "organized" or "detailed" or maybe even "OCD".


7. I can't stand roller coasters.


8. I can't whistle or blow a bubble with gum to save my life.


9. I'm a bookworm. (that's probably not a secret)


10. I have a bit of a crush on Mr. Darcy.


And here's my more "for real" bio:

I'm 27, have been married for 7 years this August (I know, we were babies) to a hunky fireman named Brandon, and we have a 3 year old daughter that's pretty much the cutest thing in the world - SEE -




and I fear she's already smarter than me. I've been writing since I was 7, (wow - there's lot of 7's in this bio...) but got serious about publication at the age of 18. (started attending writing conferences and learning the craft) I'm a proud member of the ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers) and I have a BA in Communications from Louisiana Baptist University. I'm currently multi-published with Love Inspired in contemporary romance, and have my first YA novel coming out January 2012 via Barbour Publishers. It's called ADDISON BLAKELY - CONFESSIONS OF A PK and I am just a TAD bit giddy over it. ::wink::




Good news - my upcoming August 1st release through Love Inspired (FIREMAN DAD) was selected to be one of the ACFW Book Club novels for the month of November! Woohoo!

Let's see. What else?


I hang out on FB pretty regularly, Twitter not so regularly, and maintain my website and blog quite regularly (http://www.betsy-ann.blogspot.com/ and http://www.betsystamant.com/)


So that's me, in a little bitty nutshell. Can't wait to get to know you guys better! :)

7 comments:

Sierra said...

That Ya book looks awesome!I can't wait to read it!Who is publishing it?What a cute little girly! Bookworms are awesome!
Milkshake :) :) :)
Can't wait for more posts!
Sierra
Keep growing Beautiful♥

Emii said...

Aloha! Nah, I'm not Hawaiian. But how fun is it to say that?! Can't wait to see some awesome posts... and read that book!:D

f9233468-80de-11e0-81b6-000f20980440 said...

welcome to GGG :). I'm looking forward to reading your blog posts and I'm excited about your addition to the family!!God bless you!

Betsy St. Amant said...

Aloha back! :) That IS fun. And Sierra, its being published by Barbour. They have awesome covers, huh? I love their books! Thanks guys for the warm welcome!

Talia said...

So great to hear about you! I love the confessions!
Talia

Trinka said...

Hey, welcome to Girls, God, and the Good Life!!!! I sooo can't wait to read your next post!!Just the cover of your book makes me want to read it. :) And,WOW, your lil girly is soooo adorable!!!!

Laura J said...

Betsy is the best about updating her blog! I'm a faithful reader of it, and I'm glad to see her over here too.
I'm looking forward to the book!


Girls, God, and the Good Life

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.