I'm SO excited to be a new contributor to GIRLS, GOD AND THE GOOD LIFE - because seriously, isn't that what it's all about? Loving God, loving our sisters in Christ, and loving life? It's an honor to be here, truly.
Here's a few random facts (or maybe confessions) about myself:
1. I'm totally addicted to Nerds, preferably cherry flavored. (and I know...you are what you eat...)
2. If it's polka-dotted, I probably have it.
3. I'm the girl you'll see ordering a milkshake and cheeseburger...with a Diet Coke.
4. I'm a neat-freak, usually to a fault.
5. I'd do anything for a cupcake.
6. My middle name is Ann, but it probably should be "organized" or "detailed" or maybe even "OCD".
7. I can't stand roller coasters.
8. I can't whistle or blow a bubble with gum to save my life.
9. I'm a bookworm. (that's probably not a secret)
10. I have a bit of a crush on Mr. Darcy.
And here's my more "for real" bio:
I'm 27, have been married for 7 years this August (I know, we were babies) to a hunky fireman named Brandon, and we have a 3 year old daughter that's pretty much the cutest thing in the world - SEE -
and I fear she's already smarter than me. I've been writing since I was 7, (wow - there's lot of 7's in this bio...) but got serious about publication at the age of 18. (started attending writing conferences and learning the craft) I'm a proud member of the ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers) and I have a BA in Communications from Louisiana Baptist University. I'm currently multi-published with Love Inspired in contemporary romance, and have my first YA novel coming out January 2012 via Barbour Publishers. It's called ADDISON BLAKELY - CONFESSIONS OF A PK and I am just a TAD bit giddy over it. ::wink::
Good news - my upcoming August 1st release through Love Inspired (FIREMAN DAD) was selected to be one of the ACFW Book Club novels for the month of November! Woohoo!
Let's see. What else?
I hang out on FB pretty regularly, Twitter not so regularly, and maintain my website and blog quite regularly (http://www.betsy-ann.blogspot.com/ and http://www.betsystamant.com/)
So that's me, in a little bitty nutshell. Can't wait to get to know you guys better! :)