Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Crossroads: Guest Post from Renee Johnson Fisher

Stop at the crossroads and look around. Ask
for the old, godly way, and walk in it. Travel its
path, and you will find rest for your souls.

JEREMIAH 6:16


In Jeremiah 6, the prophet says that Israel is at a crossroads. Have you ever been there? In your professional life, your education, your dating relationships? Has there been a time when you faced a number of options, all of which looked equally attractive but presented wildly different futures? Maybe one path looked easy—a college close to home, a job in the same building where you’d been an intern, dating the pastor’s daughter. Maybe the other path was more uncertain—a college in a different part of the country, a career that wasn’t certain to bring financial stability, dating a guy your parents couldn’t stand.
Jeremiah has advice for Israel and for you. Check out his instructions in verse 16:

Stop. Recognize the crossroads right in front of you. Before you make a decision, take some time to reflect and seek God’s will.

Look. Immediate distractions or hindrances directly in front of us might cause us to miss the right path.

Ask. Talk to God and people you trust. Seek wise council. Dig into the Word. This part’s important. Hebrews 2:1 warns us that “we must listen very carefully to the truth we have heard, or we may drift away from it.”

Walk. Once you’re certain of God’s will, take those first steps on the path with confidence.

Travel. Once you’ve made all the preparations, you can enjoy the journey and delight in all the surprise and abundance you find along the way.
When you reach a crossroads in your life, find peace and certainty by following God’s will!

~

Renee Johnson Fisher is a spirited speaker and writer to twenty-somethings. Her second book Not Another Dating Book (Harvest House) released in February 2012, and you can find Renee blogging at www.devotionaldiva.com.

Adapted from: Not Another Dating Book © 2012 by Renee Fisher. Published by Harvest House Publishers, Eugene, OR. Used by permission.










Sarah here: The publisher has graciously offered to GIVE AWAY a few copies of Renee's brand new book!! Interested? Of course you are! All you have to do is leave a comment on this post with a valid e-mail address - that's it! I'll give you one week and then we'll randomly select our winners! So comment away!

5 comments:

emii said...

Oh wow I love that verse. I don't think I've ever read it in those words and I love it. I'm going to write it up on my wall. (Well, I'll put it up with bluetack. I don't know how pleased my parents would be if I scrawled across the wall in texta.;))

USA only? Oh well, I'll give my email, just in case. :D
girlz4god.G4G(@)hotmail(.)com

Meghan said...

I love that verse! My e-mail is meg826@msn.com.

Indy said...

Thank you! I like to read about this verse. And now I am a follower here. What a great blog.

Knuffel/big hug.

Madie Marie said...

Sweet! madiemm97@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Nice giveaway! BetJett@gmail.com
www.EsthersBlessing.com